Yesterday I went to try kickboxing at San Da kickboxing. I was expecting a regular gym, all slick and nice, with a locker room, weights, and everything, but it was like those boxing gyms you see in the movies, basically a big empty area with mats on the floor, a boxing ring, and some hanging punching bags. The class wasn't what I thought either, it was basically a regular work-out, but it involved a lot of kicking and punching. (I didn't get to kick someone like in the picture on the right.) Exercise is fun, and I liked pushing myself and feeling a little sore the next day, but it wasn't anything I couldn't do at home. Maybe I should have tried the contact lessons, which would teach me to actually hit and defend myself, but that would be like taking one class of karate -- what can you really learn? Anyway, if you're in NYC, you can try a class there for free.I love Vegefarm products! Their whole chicken, their mackerel, and their salted chicken balls have all been so yummy. Cheers for this company from Taoyuan, Taiwan.
For all you fans of Jonathan Safran Foer (I'm not really one of them, and I don't think anyone who reads this is, but he wrote Everything is Illuminated, which was a movie with Elijah Wood), you should listen to this interview with him on his diet. (If you think kosher means humane, you can watch his new video on that subject.)

2 comments:
salted chicken balls !!
bleck!
anyway if that stuff is so good bring some when you visit.
Sure you can do that kickboxing stuff at home but the real question is...without the class, will you?
Ok, they're not called salted chicken balls. It's called salty chicken, but it's in chunks. Sorry for my inadvertent humor. But, they are yummy...
Post a Comment